The municipal procurement platform
Bayerngas is a municipal procurement platform for natural gas.
The functions of Bayerngas include the following:
- Aggregating the purchase volumes of its partners (2011: 71 billion kWh)
- Procuring natural gas across all stages of the gas value chain
- Continuously expanding its procurement expertise
- Optimization of the accounting grid management (minimization of the expenditures for balance energy)
- Providing sales and marketing support to its partners.
The potential for bundling combines with our independence to enable a diversified approach to procurement as part of a professional system of portfolio management.
To this end, the company avails of all instruments available in the modern trading market:
- Trading at gas exchanges hubs (to include gas exchanges in the future)
- Financial trading and price hedging instruments
- OTC transactions at hubs and import points as well as dealing at virtual trading points
- Gas Release Programmes
- Contracts with import companies
Bayerngas purchases the bundled procurement quantities across all stages of the gas value chain on the international procurement market – including directly from producers – under optimum conditions from various secure sources.
In this way, Bayerngas is able to pass on to its customers the procurement benefits accruing from individual price models and flexibly structured contracts.